The TDI Oxygen (O2) Equipment Service Technician Course allows candidates the ability to engage in the preparation of scuba equipment for the use and exposure of oxygen and other mixed gasses used in technical diving. The objective of this course is to train candidates in the proper procedures required for oxygen equipment cleaning. This course may be combined with the Visual Inspection Procedures course at the discretion of the Instructor.
Who this course is for:
- The dive shop employee wanting to learn the proper procedures for handling and servicing equipment or a diver interested in the process of advanced level equipment cleaning, servicing, and care. This course will give you an in-depth, behind-the-scenes perspective on how equipment is cleaned, serviced
- Minimum age 18
- Provide proof of the following:
- Certification as a TDI Nitrox Gas Blender or equivalent
- VIP certification through a recognized training agency*
- Certification through a recognized manufacturing company regulator clinic**
- Employment through a recognized scuba related facility, manufacturer/distributor or proof of intent to acquire such employment
*VIP certification may be offered in combination with this course
**Not required if training as TDI Cylinder O2 Service Technician only
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in preparation of scuba equipment, according to their certification level. There are two levels of certification as follows:
- Equipment O2 service technician: Qualified to service scuba regulators, cylinders, valves, and manifolds for use with enriched air nitrox and other technical mixed gasses.
- Cylinder O2 service technician: Qualified to service scuba cylinders, valves, and manifolds for use with enriched air nitrox and other technical mixed gasses
No Courses Found